Thursday, June 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Superman

Anyone with a toddler will tell you that their little ones get stuck on certain books, or movies, or toys for a period of time. Connor's choice of bedtime reading this week had been Twas the Night Before Christmas and Twas the Night Before Christmas. He owns two copies of the Christmas tale; one was a gift from Aunt Angie and another was from Mimi and it has a recording of her reading it. So every night this week, we listen to Mimi read the story and then I read the copy from Angie. In all fairness though tomorrow is June 25h, so only 6 months until Christmas and Connor is a Christmas baby. By Christmastime I will have it memorized and I will be able to recite it as we sit by the fire.

Connor also has a new fascination with super heroes. Grandma Heegn has a Spiderman puzzle at her house and he puts it together every time we go over there. Then one time after one of many doctors visits, he got half a dozen spiderman stickers. Now every time we go to the Dr, he will not leave without a Spiderman sticker.

Vinnie popped in Superman the other day to see how Connor would like it. Of course it was a hit with him and now he likes to lay across the arm of the couch with is arms and legs outstretched, telling us, "Look! Look! I'm Superman!." My parents will laugh at this because when I was just about the same age as Connor, my favorite movie was Annie. I had several scenes from Annie that I liked to act out, one of them being the climactic bridge scene were Annie is hanging off the edge of the bridge and Punjab rescues her. I would hang off the edge of the couch and say, "Punjab (aka Dad) save me!"

As you can see Connor has been a lot of fun lately. It's fun to see his imagination at work. We have also had a lot of adventures lately. In the past month Connor has been to his first Royals game, rode his first train, went to his first movie at the movie theater and was in his first wedding.

We went to a Friday night game so we also got to experience fireworks. Now every time we drive by the stadium Connor yells, "Royals! Fireworks! Boom!" I can't wait to take him to another game.



A few weeks ago we drove to Baldwin City, KS and got to ride Thomas the Train. Connor was mesmerized and spent the majority of the time looking out the window. Now every time he hears a train ( we can hear them regularly from our house) he says, "There's Thomas!"


Anyone that knows Connor, knows that he loves Toy Story. When I heard there was a Toy Story 3 coming out, I knew I wanted that to be Connor's first movie theater experience. Toy Story 3 did not disappoint us. It is just as good as the other 2, and Connor loved it too and was very well behaved at the theater.

This past weekend, my step brother Dave got married to Andrea and Connor got the privilege to be the ring bearer. He looked very handsome in his suit! Vinnie had to walk him down the isle though because it was a little overwhelming for him. He did great though and both my boys looked so handsome.




Well, that is my little update from the past several months. As you can see we have been pretty busy. I'm sure we will have a lot more fun before the summer is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment