Thursday, January 27, 2011

Picky

I have the world's pickiest kid. When he was younger, he ate a few fruits and vegetables. He liked green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, apple sauce and bananas. He LOVED bananas. He would have ate them for breakfast, lunch and dinner if we had let him. But my picky kid has turned even pickier over that past year and a half.

One thing that he continued to like was applesauce. Until about 3 weeks ago when he decided he doesn't like applesauce. I thought, oh great now my kid doesn't eat any fruits or vegetables, unless you count ketchup.

I was fixing dinner tonight, and Connor came into the kitchen and said he wanted applesauce. I promptly got some out, before he could change his mind and he got up in his chair and started scarfing it down. I was doing a little victory dance in the kitchen while he was eating. When he was done with his applesauce, he asked for another cup. Yay! He likes applesauce again!

He was also very complimentary of the dinner I made. "This is good macaroni mom." and "Yummy fish sticks mom."

So I said, " Well if I'm such a good cook, maybe you should try your broccoli. Maybe you'll like it too."

To which he gave me the stink eye. Here's to hoping that he'll come around on the broccoli someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment